Monday, July 13, 2009

My Fasting Journey

I had the brief chance to go home over the weekend for a family reunion. Here is a picture of me, my older sister Rhonda, my mother and her 91 year-old mother (my grandmother).My fasting journey continues. I've committed to prayer and fasting a couple of days a week and am seeing spiritual results. I've kept up with my fasting journal in writing the things I want God to reveal to me through this--answers I need in knowing what to do in certain situations I'm facing. In testing God, I am most certainly hearing Him speak and getting answers in ways I never thought possible. Some have asked why this means to seeking God's will?

Fasting denies me what is common, normal and necessary--food--for a period of time so that my mind will become sharp, my heart tender and my spirit receptive to what God is telling me to do. God promises to fill the void that the absence of food creates and He will pour out His blessings in a way food never will. This take humbling myself in God's presence and taking direction from His heart. In doing so, I will have the strength, the desire, courage and confidence to face the future boldly, without being afraid and without compromise.

I don't want God to be a silent God in my life, nor do a I want to snore through the most exciting time in my life. Would you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Barbie! You look great!!! Who are these people who pick at your appearance? You inspire me on so many levels. I love reading your posts.

Kimmie in AR

Anonymous said...

How can anyone in his or her right mind criticize your appearance? You look fabulous!

By the way, you can fast from other things besides food. Please be careful, and don't deny yourself nourishment you need physically. I do admire you efforts and spiritual growth.

Melinda said...

We enjoyed having you at Old Rice Road Baptist Church Friday night. I pray your message was taken to heart by the youth.

bluecottonmemory said...

Your post really hit the spot. I've fasted speaking before to better hear God. He's been calling me to fast again. What a kind, inspiring blog!

Barbara said...

Don't know what day it was but the day you wore the orange outfit--you knocked 'em out!!! You looked great! I do believe I am sooo jealous!!!

Christena said...

Thanks for presenting with us , words are very beautiful .......


___________________
Christena
Getting a Payday advance is just a few steps away

Christena said...

Wonderful family and great story.......



___________________
christena
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions