Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Time To Trust Him

I've been away for a while and had quite the adventure including hitting a black bear, meeting Christian singer Kari Jobe, spending time on the beaches of Destin and speaking to a sold out crowd of over 300 at Clear Branch Baptist Church in Wesson! It's good to be home.

I was able to have plenty of quiet time while away which was good for my spirit--moments to reflect and press ahead to where I feel God is leading. That doesn't come without some questions and thoughts of worry and anxiety, though.

One of the simple past times we enjoyed on the beach was watching the birds and their daily activities. The cutest were these younger birds which would race close to the water when they receded, but run as fast as their little legs would take them away from the surf when it pushed to shore. They would peck at the sand for their meal and the children had fun watching them operate.
All I could do was think of how anxious I was in knowing what the next step was for me in many different areas. In watching this little bird, I felt the Lord say "Trust me." When I tried to negotiate with the Holy Spirit and convince the Lord that I've always trusted Him and surely there was something else I needed to do? I kept hearing, "Trust me. If I provide for this little bird, I know the plans I have for you."

Numbers 23:19 says, "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he not speak and then not act?" Whoa! When God speaks to you about a situation in your life or a promise that He's given, be sure He will act upon it.

So, why don't you trust Him!

8 comments:

Louise Reel said...

Barbie, the Lord will lead where he wants you to be in life. Trust his word, I pray that you will be still and listen, so you can here his voice. Bless you and your family, I pray that all your days over flow with the blessings of love and laughter.

jonab said...

Thanks Barbie! Much needed and timely. Have a great week.

troyhust said...

Great insight, glad you had a time of restoration and reflection. Keep up the good work. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Great thought..and praying for you as you take one day at a time. Here's one of my life verses: "God is within her, she will not fall. God will help her at break of day," Ps. 46:5. "at break of day" means....one day at a time. Barbie, you will not fall...or even fall apart. God is within you, helping you one day after another. Love you, Lisa Cronk

Jeff said...

Thank you Barbie, for being a wonderful sharing Christain . God bless you and your family.
Sincerly, Jeff

Donna Baugh said...

Barbie, you are such an inspiration to me to continue to do all that you do and still keep God in your works... You will be so blessed....

rebelwoman said...

Thanks Barbie for much needed words. So glad you had some down time with your precious family and some quite time with God. God is leading you in the direction He needs you and mean while you're such a blessing to so many of us. I thank you for everything you've done for me. You've been a blessing to me in ways you'll never kbow but I know you give God all the glory and so do I. I'm so excited about the new book and can't wait to get my copy. Take care and hope to see you soon. Love you girl.

rebelwoman said...

Thanks Barbie and glad you're doing good! Love you!