Friday, July 6, 2012

Viewer Emails

It's now time for another edition of..... "Viewer Emails".
 
I've decided to leave all misspellings/grammar as they appear in the emails.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I am appalled at the fact that you do not understand the image that you portray to upcoming young women who are affected every night concerning how you look. These same Young Women might want to be a broadcaster. Trust me; I am not the only one with this opinion.
I spoke with you last week and I started the conversation with “I am not trying to hurt your feelings.”  Well hear I go again. You are the only Weather Newscaster that represents your station in a very disappointing and negative manner. I have been watching channel 16 and 12. I just turned on the news and here you are again with those white pants and the tan pants. Depending on your size I would like to offer some beauty suites for free to clean up your image. As a replacement for you looking at my comments in a negative way, you should have taken it as a concerned viewer. I have work in many leadership positions over the years, and I would not clean my house with the clothing that you were. I’m of the opinion that just because you have been in Mississippi most of your life, it is not an excuse for the poor image that you portray when you represent the Weather Broadcast for WLBT. When you are bringing the news (Weather) in our homes every night it is difficult to over look what you are wearing. YOU LOOK TERRIBLE, and I am truly sorry if this email gives you a negative view of me, but I had to let you know that I am not someone that means you harm, however, from one professional to another, I do mean you well. You indicated to me that you were a Christian, if you are, LOOK; don’t take my word, if you want to be technical about it look in the book of Leviticus 6:10Is it wrong for a woman to wear pants." It is also in Deuteronomy 22:5. You do this publicly. “A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does." Read your Bible Barbie!
There are more references in the Bible that speak to this matter. I am a worrier of a praise team that one person can share with another to help represent your image in Christ. Don’t take this Negatively, just look at how a so called Christian is suppose to represent themselves not only as a child of Our Lord Jesus Christ, but upcoming young leaders who might want to be a Chief Weather Meteorologist.
You appear to be a sweet person, but you are not a cheer leader, I cannot let my personal opinion go back to your old ways of thinking knowing that you can do better, and help WLBT News get back to number one news station in Mississippi.

Christine Bowden
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barbie,

You are such a bright spot in a lot of people’s days; beautiful eyes too. Never, ever wear those glasses again that you wore the other day. I debated about writing and I’m very happily married, so I’m not trying to hit on you. You just look so much better without them.

Raymond Dougherty
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barbie,

My two grown daughters and I were watching the news tonight when you came on with the weather. All three of us made the same comment about the blouse you wore tonight, you really do not ever need to wear that blouse again. You should actually throw it away asap. I truly am trying to be honest and sincere when I say this. I am not trying to hurt you in anyway, but the blouse is in no way flattering to you. Please take this as constructive criticism.

Sincerely,
Patty McDaniel

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If these people offering such constructive criticism would go do something consructive for others in their communities, they would not have the time to criticize you so unconstructively and harshly. Maybe--just maybe--they might not find a need.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that people try to rip you apart every chance they get. I think you are a beautiful person and love watching you on t.v. Quite frankly, for every person out there that criticizes you, I'm sure you can find ten that love you, so don't sweat it!

Much love from Star, MS!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!

Pam Pigott said...

If someone wants to use the BIBLE to harshly criticize someone, they need to look just a bit deeper in Scripture and find the part that tells us to do everything in LOVE. While I may not agree with EVERYTHING you may wear, you should see me most days. No, I take that back. You don't want to! Neither does anyone else.

You do a super job with the weather and I look forward to watching you, rather than the other channels!

GOD BLESS you!

Amy said...

How hilarious! I wish I'd saved some of the ones I got when I was anchoring. Everybody's got an opinion don't they? When I left the field I remember thinking "Now no one but my mama will feel they have the God-given right to criticize my hair!"

Deborah said...

All I have to say is "Get a life!"
Not you Barbie but the critics or so called critics. They must not have much to do.

Wanda said...

The first one has me in stitches......I especially loved the "worrier of a praise team" - I think I got that right. Barbie - you just keep being the wonderful person you are with the obviously good sense of humor you have. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I need to hurt myself laughing or just cry. The first one is a mess!! She is talking about what you wear and she needs to be working on how she types! I'm not one to judge but... Lord, have mercy! That is all I have.

We love you in Tylertown! :) Smile on!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Unbelievable! Those were your husband's pants? Really! haha Since men in Biblical times wore dresses and robes and had to tie them up to run...should we not wear skirts? Ridiculous.
You're the best, Barbie, just keep on being you and stop reading junk from the haters. Love your style and your sweet spirit!
Pat

Anonymous said...

Shame on these people who have to be critical of others. Can't remember where in the Bible it says about don't look at the splinter in someone else's eye until you remove the log from yours. I may have this all mixed up but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Just keep being yourself.