Friday, April 18, 2008

This & That

As you can tell, I haven't been blogging during the week since Lilly Faith's arrival. I'm trying to spend alittle more time with my family and more time studying scripture. I will return to blogging regularly as I settle into a routine and go back to work later in the summer.

Confession time: ok, I gained 51 pounds during this pregnancy..the most I've ever gained with any of my children. To date, I've lost 31 pounds in 2 weeks. That's ALOT of water weight and only goes to prove just how much fluid I was retaining. Now I'm working on getting the other 20 off, some of which is still fluid. When I got home after delivery, I started walking the block and am up to walking one mile every day. Before I found out I was pregnant, I was training to run in my first 5K run in honor of my brother. Although I haven't been "cleared" by my doctor to exercise, I can't seem to sit still for very long.

I haven't really wanted to get out much in public. I still have the new mommy pooch on my stomach and I've been afraid of the comments I would get. If it weren't for my husband's insistence on getting out, I wouldn't have gone out to eat last Saturday night. We met some friends at a local Japanese restaurant and sat down for our orders to be taken. The chef went around to each of us and asked for our orders. When he looked at me, he said, "Oh, you're going to have a baby?" My worst fear came true: someone thought I was still pregnant! My husband quickly spoke up, "No, she HAD a baby one week ago. Here she is," pointing to little Lilly Faith fast asleep in the car seat beside us.

I've received many emails while I've been away for the last couple of weeks. Coincidentally, many of them want to know when I'm coming back to work! Just like this one:

Hey Barbie, We all can't wait for you to come back to work. Please hurry back! Sign, The Rushings

My emails have gone from "please get off the tv and go home" to "please hurry back"! Others are wondering how I'm going to be able to do it all.

Barbie, I enjoy watching your weather reports. I am curious about one thing. As much as you are on the news, seems like you don't have a lot of time with your family. I'm not being nosey.....just curious. Signed, Melissa

Now with 3 children under the age of 4 1/2, I've found my postpartum emotions faltering a bit. I have my moments of crying fits, second guessing myself, and wondering if its time for my retirement from WLBT. But with the lack of sleep, middle of the night feedings, sweet smiles and a few extra pounds left over, you couldn't pay me enough to swap places with anyone else on the planet.

11 comments:

Wilson said...

You enjoy this time! We miss you terribly on TV, but you deserve this time with your family!

Anonymous said...

Take time and enjoy that beautiful baby. They grow up so fast. Be careful not to over do it, you need time to heal. You'll loose that pregnant pooch before you know it.

Angie said...

Barbie I can't believe how cruel people are with their tongues. I certainly hope that they would put themselves in Jesus' place and ask WWJD. He certainlty would not treat others as you have been treated. We love you and miss you and can't wait for you to return. You take care of yourself and those beautiful children. Thanks for the picture of Lily Faith, she is beautiful just like her mom. May God Bless You and your family. Angie (McComb)

Susan Rhymes Harvey said...

Bless your heart! Enjoy your time at home. We'll all be waiting when you return.

BarbC said...

Barbie -- You said you want to spend more time with family and studying scripture. I have no doubt that God will show you what you should do concerning WLBT during this time. No need to rush and make a decision one way or the other. Just let Him do His thing! And you enjoy this time with your babies. No matter if you return to TV or not, this is a precious time you cannot get back. They grow up sooo fast... and yes, I know you hear that a lot and you are seeing that with Gracie and Will. My babies are soon-to-be 16 and 20 and it seems like yesterday I was where you are! Children are a blessing from God... enjoy them!

Barbara

Ryan said...

You better not retire! LOL Keep up the great work and enjoy your time with your family.

By the way, I'm not pregnant and I don't want to go out in public either!

Take care,
Ryan

Deanna said...

Barbie, You were the most gorgeous pregnant woman and are an even more gorgeous Mom! Enjoy every moment with your sweet babies.

Barbara said...

It took you nine months to gain that weight (for a reason)! Take care of yourself and your family and the weight will come off. Your "public" will be there when you return. Enjoy the private.

Anonymous said...

We love you Barbie, take your time, and we will see you when you get back to WLBT. Enjoy those babies, for they won't be babies long.

cc said...

I gained 40 w/the first child and 50 w/the second. I DID lose every bit both times and you WILL too. Just be patient. Meanwhile enjoy being at home with your precious new baby. She'll be starting school before you know it!

We do miss you terribly on TV. Maybe you could cut back instead of retiring completely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbie, You are so precious. Don't worry about all of us viewers out here...we will manage. You just take care of yourself and those beutiful little children. They grow up so fast, so enjoy each moment. With love and prayers, Sheri Everett