Monday, February 7, 2011

Here Is What Others Should Be Asking You

While my husband and father-in-law watched the Super Bowl last night, I was typing away on another portion of my book. I walked into the room long enough to see the end of the game when confetti was blowing all over the field. I noticed the sideline reporters scrambling for the football players with microphones in hand. They were pushing and shoving, hoping to be the first to ask their all important questions. When the trophy was presented to the Green Bay Packers coach, he was asked the secret to his team's victory. "Their great resolve," he said.

The resolve you have to persevere through the trials and circumstances in your life should be newsworthy to those around you. Believers and non-believers should flock to ask questions like, "How were you able to make it through your darkest days? Why did you keep trusting Jesus? How were you able to keep your focus on God's Word?"

Jesus said in John 15:16, "I chose you and appointed you to go and bear much fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

We should live our lives in such a way that those around us want to know our secret in keeping our joy, peace and resolve.


No comments: