Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Snow Update

I don't normally blog on Wednesdays, but with snow in the forecast I've decided to post an update here.

Central Mississippi has been upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning while portions of the WLBT viewing area have been put under a Winter Weather Advisory. This warning means we could see significant snowfall amounts which could make travel difficult overnight and early Thursday. Areas north of I-20 could see 2"-3" of snow. The Mississippi delta counties (yes, hometown friends, that includes you!) could experience 3"+ of snow! Areas between the I-20 and Highway 84 corridor could see a light dusting upwards to 1" of snow. The precipitation will start as rain and make a quick change over to snow as temperatures drop and the precipitation moves east.

Here is the latest graphical depiction from the NWS. Find your county here but note, this COULD change. Click on the image to make it larger.


You can follow my up to the minute updates on Twitter @BarbieBassett, find me on Facebook at on the Barbie Bassett WLBT page or on the WLBT First Alert Weather page.

This could be a pretty snowfall, so enjoy!

No comments: