Monday, March 28, 2011

Walking Through Your Valley

I've been increasing Gracie's memory work in these last 5 weeks of home school. This last week she's been memorizing Psalm 23 which is a passage I'm sure you know well: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no even, for You are with me." (verses 1-4) Notice David didn't say, "If I ever get through the valley." He said, "Though I walk through." When you walk through something, sometimes your pace is faster and sometimes your pace slows down. But, you don't stop. You keep walking. David was focused on God, not on the shadows that bring fear nor on the trouble, but only on the Lord. Are you walking through a difficult time and wondering if you'll get through it or not? The devil will try to convince you that you won't make it, but you will. Trust God, obey Him and then watch to see what He will do on your behalf! (Barbie will be speaking and signing books at First Baptist Batesville Tuesday night and also speaking at the Marks Rotary Club. This Friday, she will be speaking at the Mississippi Hospital Association. Saturday she will be the guest speaker at Flowood Baptist Church's ladies luncheon.)

No comments: