Friday, April 8, 2011

Cut It Out

A few weeks ago, I noticed my roses weren't looking sporty. It was time to pull the old pruning shears out. For the small twigs that need to go, I used hand-sized shears. Some of those branches had a larger circumference and forced me to use more of my own strength in order to cut through the dead parts, so I had to use the much larger pruning shears. When God prunes us, He isn't just trying to take away. He's faithfully at work to make room to add strength, productivity and spiritual power to our life. James 1:3-4 says, "For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." God's goal is to bring you and I closer to the "perfect and complete" image of Christ. Every trial you face and every cut of the shears is an opportunity to let God work in your life for abundance in every way. If you invite Him into your circumstances, He will keep the promise He made in Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." You should see those same roses now!

No comments: