Monday, November 7, 2011

Try Not To Lose Your Focus

Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I spent the day shooting skeet and targets.

Focusing is key, even with my bad eye sight. If I keep my hand steady and line the sight just so, all the while knowing what I'm shooting at, I'm a pretty accurate shooter.





But after shooting skeet with the shotgun, my shoulder took a beating. My accuracy wasn't the best.



It's still a good "pattern", but I could definitely tell the difference in what being tired and not focused will do for your trigger finger.



Romans 8:5 says, "Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires."



In other words, when you try so hard at fixing the issues in your life and you don't rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you lose your focus. You begin operating in the flesh instead of operating in the Spirit. The devil knows when you make that conscience choice because you become a threat to him and what he's trying to accomplish.



Don't let your weariness prevent you from focusing on the cross of Christ. Keep your eyes on God's Word and increase in your daily walk with Him and you won't miss the mark!



(Barbie will be the guest speaker tonight at the First United Methodist Church in Brookhaven. She'll also speak at the Salvation Army's Angels event Thursday night & she's the guest speaker at Goodwater Baptist in Magee Saturday morning.)








No comments: