Monday, January 15, 2007

Artic Weather Returns

If you watched any of my weathercasts last week, you are not surprised as to the possibilities of light sleet for early Tuesday morning. The computer models went back and forth all week and continue to do so. Confidence isn't very high as to the possibilities of light sleet, but I won't rule it out.

Keep in mind there is a warm layer of air above us which could prevent sleet from reaching the ground in it's frozen form. That means it would be mostly rain. The chances for experiencing light sleet along with our light rain Tuesday morning is minimal and no accumulation is expected.

Although I went on WLBT tonight and slowly explained all of the above, I've already had several viewers ask "When are we getting the freezing rain? How much snow is going to fall? Do we need to go ahead and stock up on food?"

Sometimes, I wonder......

No comments: