Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Day Off or On?

I'm taking today and Friday off and have a full day planned. Why is it that when we take "vacation" days there really is no vacation to be had?

I loaded up the kids early this morning and drove to the barber shop to get their hair trimmed. Baby Will cried the whole time and doesn't fully appreciate a razor cut. Gracie is happy as long as she gets a sucker afterwards.

After lunch, I'm headed to a board of directors meeting for The Christmas Village. This is a little known organization that will be housing mothers-to-be who do not wish to abort their unplanned pregnancy. We have purchased a home in Canton that will serve as a maternity home. The girls/ladies will be educated and taken care of during their pregnancy as well as taught how to care for their child and/or prepared for the adoption of their child. After they are equipped to make better decisions, they will be released only to open up another space for another mother. We are planning a garden party in May at the home with many celebrity waiters. Our purpose of the meeting today is to get the ball rolling on the event.

This evening, I'll be judging the Miss Mississippi College pageant. The winner will advance to the Miss Mississippi Pageant in July. I haven't been back to my alma mater in several years so I'm looking forward to being back on campus and savoring the memories.

Meteorologist Eric Law will be filling in for me tonight. He will talk more about the cold weather we have on the way for next week.

No comments: