Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Smile of Love

Its the little things that will get you going in the mornings. Coming in late at night and getting up at the crack of dawn with Lilly Faith is challenging. Thankfully, she is sleeping a full 8 hours and has been doing so for quite some time. But her 8 hours are different than mine. So because I get in so late at night, she's ready to wake up much earlier than my body is! And while I'm feeding her as my head nods, she does the sweetest thing...take a look for yourself below.


She smiles! Her dimples and blue eyes just make you want to eat her up! She'll "coo and goo" for several minutes, acting like she knows who I am. Does she care that I've just gotten in from work only a few hours before? Nope. She's still smiling.

I read an article this morning which said when a mother sees her baby smile, her brain produces dopamine, the same chemical rush that occurs when a person uses cocaine or heroine. And I believe it.

1 John 4:16-19 says, "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in Him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, becaue fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because God first loved us."

Lilly Faith has an idea that I love her. I'm up with her in the early mornings, I feed her, change her and bathe her. Besides a few hours in the afternoon when I'm at work, I'm right there every time she wakes up. Lilly Faith can't say she isn't loved!

And God is like that with us. When we make Him proud, imagine Him getting all mushy inside. Imagine His heart just melting when we minister to someone else or when share the love of Christ with others. Yes, even though we don't always get it right, He is there with us every step of the way.

You can't say you aren't loved!

4 comments:

Wilson said...

So sweet. She's a doll! It's amazing how babies definitely know who their mamas are.

Deanna said...

Sooo precious! A baby is a reflection of the love they feel. We are to be that same reflection of God.

BarbC said...

Lilly Faith is precious! That smile of hers would make anyone "high"! Barbara C.

Anonymous said...

Barbie she will just melt your heart!