Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Matter What You're Going Through...

I saw a sign outside a church that read, "This world is not my home. I'm just passing through." When you go through a something, you come out on the other side. Psalm 23:4 says, "Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." In this passage, David said he walked through the valley of the shadow of death. In all the situations and circumstances of life, we must remember we are just passing through, but we'll get to the other side.

Even though at times it may seem agonizingly slow, later when we look back at that time, we can see it wasn't really as long as it seemed.

Isaiah 43:2 says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you."

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar. But because they trusted themselves to the Lord, they didn't stay there to be consumed by the flames. They came through them to victory. Daniel was thrown into the lions' den but he came through that experience unharmed.

So while we're going through whatever has come our way, does God really care? Does He hear our pleas for help? Psalm 91:15 says, "When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him." The Lord promises the same protection and deliverance to all of those who put their faith and trust in Him.

No comments: