Friday, September 10, 2010

Cracked Up

I pulled into the inspection station and handed the attendant my license to get my inspection sticker. The attendant gave me the news I didn't want to hear. "Ms. Barbie, that crack all along your windshield prevents me from giving you a new sticker," he said. "You're going to have to get your windshield replaced before I can pass you."

I've been driving around with a crack that goes from the passenger side to the driver side for a whole year and it hasn't bothered me in the least! I've learned how to look above or below the crack to see properly out the windshield. I've grown so accustomed to the crack, I just don't see it like other people do.

There are Christians who tolerate cracks in their spiritual life. They're so familiar with living a 'barely there' relationship with Christ, they don't know any different. A person who walks in the flesh tolerates sin, excuses, rationalizes their decisions and justifies sin. They may be saved, but they aren't walking in obedience to Christ. Therefore, they are not living a Christian life.

We must intentionally live a life that represents Christ and that's not always easy to do. To live as a genuine Christian, however, is a choice.

Don't let the cracks in your spiritual walk become so comfortable that you don't notice them anymore. Because chances are, others around you see them and they are being distracted by them.

No comments: