Friday, September 3, 2010

Movement Is Everything

In trying to keep my focus on what God is calling me to do, I'm learning what I do first determines what God does second. That's the meaning of faith and it is shown all through scripture.

When 5,000 people needed food (Matthew 14), a young boy stepped forward with five loaves and two fish. What he did first determined what God did second. When the bleeding woman touched the hem of Jesus' garment, she was healed (Luke 8). The first step she took determined what God would do. When Hezekiah was King of Judah, he was told he would die early if he didn't repent. What Hezekiah did first determined what God would do next (Isaiah 28) and God spared his life.

Matthew 6:33 says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Just as in a good game of chess, movement is everything. What you do first will determine what God does second.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Usually I read blogs in Google Reader, so I hadn't seen your new blog design!! And you used Leslie!!! She does a great job. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Intesting.. Never thought of it that way.