Monday, January 30, 2012

Faith to Faith

Have you ever noticed that the faith you had in the past isn't the same faith you have today?

There have been times in my life when things have happened to me suddenly--something I didn't see coming or I didn't expect--and I had to hold on to whatever amount of faith I had in God's plan for me. I shared one of those experiences in my first book, "Forecasts & Faith: 5 Keys to Weathering the Storms of Life". Being sued by my former employer hit me out of the blue. I didn't expect it and was devastated, wondering if I'd ever come out the other side victorious.

Romans 1:17 says, "For in it the righteous of God is revealed from faith to faith." What is "faith to faith"? That means the faith you HAD isn't the same faith you'll NEED as you encounter life's trials and tribulations. There will be times when you'll think back to the faith in God you HAD in the past to get you through your current situation, but your faith in God will grow to a greater faith as you listen to the Holy Spirit and grow in a more intimate relationship with God. When your faith in God grows, His righteousness is revealed to you.

I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in a yesterday faith. I'm seeking a NOW faith in God to catapult me into a deeper relationship with Him and His will for my life!

No comments: