Thursday, March 27, 2008

Getting Ready

Yesterday was too busy! In the middle of doctor's appointments, meetings, teaching and television, I was trying to get as many things done as I possibly could. Some people refer to this time in a pregnant woman's life as "nesting". If you don't know what that is, nesting is when you know the time is near for delivery and you get all of your affairs settled. The nursery is finished, the baby clothes are washed, my bags are packed, my car is gased up and the oil changed, I've caught up on my thank you notes, my work replacements are on stand-by, and my students at Mississippi College have plenty of projects and research papers to do while I'm away. I've done my best to prepare for whatever and whenever and have worked diligently towards that goal. Wouldn't it be nice if we took that same energy and diligence and got ready for eternal life?

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "God has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men." As Christians, we are to continually prepare for our eternal life in heaven by witnessing to others through our actions, words and deeds. How will you prepare for your eternal life today?

3 comments:

Wilson said...

Sounds like you are all ready!!! I hope this is the week. Best of luck! You'll be in my prayers.

Stacy said...

Barbie,
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the arrival of baby 3! I have enjoyed reading your blogspot. God has given you many talents and you are a true inspiration!
You and your family will be in my prayers!

Stacy

Angel said...

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "God has made everything beautiful in its time.
As a mother who just found out her young teenage daughter is pregnant, I am trusting in these words.
God bless you.