Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Need Grace? Just Ask

Ever need alittle grace and mercy to get through the day? I find myself there right now. I stayed throughout the night at WLBT breaking into programming, tracking the storms and tornadoes. I left at 3am, went home and left it all in Eric Law's capable hands. I had just gotten in the bed shortly before 4am and the National Weather Service issued a tornado warning for Madison County. The tornadic rotation was headed straight for our subdivision (again). It passed over, not touching down, and I drifted off to sleep around 4:45am.

I look down at my feet and legs now and I look like a cross between the Michelin Man and the Pillsberry Doughboy--my feet and legs are so swollen, I can't even see my toes. But I'll be headed back to work in a few hours to do it all over again, minus the bad weather.

In those days when we need alittle grace to get through the day, whether its due to fatigue, disappointment or hurt, the Bible says God freely gives us what we need. James 4:6 says, "God gives me more and more grace. That is why He says, 'God sets Himself against the proud and haughty, but give grace continually to the lowly.'"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbie--
You deserve a break today! Take some time for yourself before that
baby gets here.

BarbC said...

Barbie -- please take care of yourself and your precious little one! We appreciate your dedication to keeping the public safe, but that little girl is more important! Barbara Campbell

Susan Rhymes Harvey said...

Barbie-
A customer came in while we had WLBT on a TV up front- you were on- giving the weather report- the man commented- I think she's about to pop - I smiled at him and said "isn't she beautiful? She has alot of courage to put herself out there. But she loves her job and she's good at it". I think he was surprised at my comment - but he "softened" and said it must not be long til the baby arrives and he smiled. We're all pulling for you, but take time for yourself- Eric can "fill in"!