Monday, November 24, 2008

Where He Is, I Want To Be

Lilly Faith is at the sweet age now of 7 months. One of the things I love the most about this age is that she knows me. I mean, she really knows that I'm her momma. Anyone can be holding her and when I walk in a room, her body leans towards me and so does her arms. She's not the best at reaching just yet, but when she leans, it is all the person holding her can do to keep her in their arms. And like any mother will do, I place her on my hip and she sits there while I clean off the counter tops, fix supper, put makeup on...you name it. She hangs on like alittle koala bear while I go about my business. I can tell she knows who I am by her need to be attached to me. Wherever I am, she wants to be.

What would happen if we treated our relationship with the Lord that way? Just imagine, you don't want to be anywhere else or do anything without being with Him and in His presence. Not only do you not want to leave His side, but you surely don't want to make any decisions without Him there! You want to be a part of His world and all that He is. When you love someone, that's how you act. You cling to them and hold on tight for fear of not being near them.

Psalm 86:13 says, "For great is your love toward me." Psalm 89:33 says, "I will not take my love from him, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness." When you are a parent, knowing your child wants to be with you is a special feeling. It brings warmth to your heart and a smile on your face.

When I examine my relationship with the Lord, does He realize I want to be where He is? Am I holding on to Him for dear life? Does my love for Him bring a smile to His face?

No comments: