Monday, January 19, 2009

Fuel For The Christ-Life

Every time I drive past a gas station, I look at the gas prices. I've taken great delight in the lower prices, haven't you? My car uses the 93 octane gas, so when prices were soaring, my wallet was moaning. My daddy used to have a Chevy that used diesel fuel. It seemed like we could go 2 weeks on a single tank without having to fill up. When I go to the heliport to fly in Skycopter 3, I can always smell the jet fuel that is used to fill up its tanks. When you use the kind of fuel required for an engine, you get better use out of the machine. Put any other type of fuel in the engine and you will have a mess on your hands, and a hefty bill to pay.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 says, "Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."

When you and I operate under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, as we were created to, God's light in us can't be contained. But if we aren't operating in the Spirit, we are wasting our time and aren't living up to the full potential that God created us to be. We don't have any time to waste because this life isn't a dress rehearsal.

You and I can continue to do what we've always done and hide from some changes God is wanting us to make. Or, we can trust the Holy Spirit and live under the anointing, knowing we are doing what God has called us to do (even if we are a bit nervous about it). Don't compromise what God has called you to do.

4 comments:

The Whites said...

Thanks for the encouragement Barbie. It is always such a blessing to read your blog. I appreciate you taking the time to share your heart with soo many others.

Anonymous said...

Barbie, Thanks for being the wonderful woman, wife, mother and business professional that you are! You are an inspiration to me. As a christian, you know that Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy. Never let the negativity of some viewers/admirers bring you down. The rest of us need and enjoy your heart felt blog. Thank you!

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

why have i not been commenting lately????? uuuugggghhhh!

thanks again for the reminder. do you ever think of a devotion and say, "yes, God, i know that suzanne needs to hear this!". because it always seems that way - no matter when i come and read. it's always fitting!

you are a wonderful missionary!

Anonymous said...

Barbie,I would like to ask you and all of your readers to pray for me please,I am 21 years old and have never had any medical problems to speak of,at least until now... Last Tuesday I went to MEA with chest pains and a very rapid heart beat,the doctor told me it was most likely acid reflux,gave me an antacid and sent me home,the next day i woke up and the exact same thing happened,except this time it lasted longer and was more intence,I have been to see a heart doctor and I have an appointment with a gi doctor this coming Tuesday. My symptoms have gotten worse and I have developed more symptoms,I have been told that I could have anything from MS to stress. I dont know what is wrong with me,but i'm putting it in Gods hands to fix it.Please keep me in your prayers as I truely need it right now.