Monday, August 17, 2009

Ever Seen The Glory?

Last Friday, I shared with you what I discovered in the meaning of the old hymn, Rock of Ages, and the reason behind the words.

If you look in Exodus 33:18, Moses expressed his prayer, "Now show me your glory." God responded with this in verse 19, "I will cause all of my glory to pass in front of you." What is the glory of God? It is His goodness.

What would happen if all of God's goodness passed in front of you? But that is exactly what happened for Moses. The glory of God overwhelmed Moses and he had an experience with the glory of God. From that day forward, Moses was changed. Even Paul says in Romans 2:4 that God's goodness leads us to repentance.

But the only limit to the goodness of God is our capacity to receive it. God told Moses, "I will show you my glory....there is a place by me." When we take our place in Christ, we are properly positioned to see God's glory. But just like Moses did, we must ask God to see His glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to write to tell you I love the new graphics on your website! Thanks for your encouraging words, and your devotionals, they always speak to me in some form or another!

Blessings!!