Friday, August 14, 2009

Finding Your Place

Growing up in the church, we were always singing hymns. For goodness sake, all three of my children were named after old hymns, so that lets you in on a little of my past!

The other day, "Rock of Ages" was going through my head and I couldn't get that song off my mind. Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee. So I went back in the Bible and looked at the story which prompted that song. It was the story of Moses and his desire to see God and to know His will.

Exodus 33:20-23 says, "And God said, 'Thou canst see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock. And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: by my face shall not be seen.'"

Moses was getting in on the secret of God's plan of redemption--that man belongs at the right hand of God, meaning in His presence. Ephesians 2:5-6 says it best, "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."

But Moses wasn't just going to stand on a rock. God carved out a niche for him in the rock and put Moses inside of the rock. That way, Moses could see God's glory, His goodness and understand who God is. Who is that rock? Jesus.

Think deeper about this story. God had a specific plan for Moses and loads of blessings and victory ahead for him. God has the same for you and me. God has a place reserved for us in His Kingdom. Find that place and get in it! There is deliverance, healing, prosperity, victory and blessing in that place. He's already carved it out for you!

No comments: