Monday, May 16, 2011

The Spirit of Wisdom & Might

I believe we are entering into the last days if we had not crossed the threshold already. We've all see the world events happening more rapidly over the last year, but I believe the natural disasters and such will begin to happen with more frequency and with a greater intensity like we've never seen before.

Last week, I completed a 4 day fast. I felt convicted to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (if you've seen the national news in the last 24 hours, you know why) and I felt the urgency to pray for the spirit of wisdom and might--both of which I'm learning more about.

When Jesus spoke the parables and preached in his hometown synagogues, the people were amazed in Matthew 13:54 asking, "Where did this man get this wisdom..?" Wisdom comes from God.

Might is supernatural power that only God can give. Daniel praised God in Daniel 2:20 saying, "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his."

Isaiah 40:28-31 says, "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Wisdom is knowing what God wants to you do next; might is the God-given power to do it! I believe these are two of the greatest gifts you and I can ask for right now.

I'll be sharing more of what the Lord is teaching me regarding these two in the coming days.

(Barbie is doing a business launch with Rodan & Fields this Saturday, May 21 in Ridgeland. If you are looking for a career change or to supplement your income, send her an email for an invitation, barbie@wlbt.net)

No comments: