Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Shopping Santas

Last night between the 6pm & 10pm news, my husband and I went to do the Santa shopping for our children. The Toys R Us was packed along with long check out lines. We were able to accomplish our mission--3 toys for each child. We believe if 3 presents were good enough for baby Jesus, they are good enough for our children.

We went to Chic-fil-A (my favorite fast food restaurant) and sat down for a quick supper before I had to go back to the tv station. We talked about how we hope to continue this "3 gift per child" tradition through the teenage years.

In doing so, we try to teach our children that Christmas is not about what you get, but what you give. Whether it be the gift of time, talents, money or just a nice word, it doesn't go unnoticed. It's what we do for others that makes God smile.

After Christmas is over, I'll share with you what I did this year in giving to others. I've never done it before but I hope I get to do it more than just at Christmas.

No comments: