Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Death & Life

Yesterday morning, my mother-in-law passed away. She had emphysema for several years which made breathing difficult. She was 66 years old. Over the next few days, I will be away as we prepare for her "Send Off Party" (if you don't know what that is, check out my blog entry from February 2, 2007 entitled "The Send Off Party"). I know my husband would appreciate your prayers at this difficult time.

In the meantime, I was scheduled to have a diagnostic fetal sonogram today. The purpose is for the doctor to see if the baby has any abnormalities and to hopefully find out what gender this one is. My husband and I discussed whether we wanted to keep this on our agenda for today considering the circumstances or try to reschedule. After much thought, he insisted we go today for the sonogram as I'm sure his mother would've wanted us to. Assuming the baby isn't "hiding", I will announce tonight at 6pm if this baby is a he or a she.

During this sad time for our family and anticipation of a new birth, I am reminded of Psalm 30:11-12, "You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever."

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Barbie, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I will be keeping you and your husband in my prayers!
Good luck on the sonogram!!! Hope he/she is not going to be shy today!
Love, Melanie

BarbC said...

Barbie -- so sorry for your family's loss. My MIL died suddenly 6 weeks ago and we had a send off party for her. How wonderful to know this isn't Good-bye... that her life really hasn't ended, it has just begun! Barbara Campbell

Wilson said...

Sorry for your loss! You are all in my prayers.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

YEA!!!!!!

mary peyton and i rushed home after voting and have been glued to the tv waiting on you to announce!!!!

we will pray for this sweet baby girl! and for your family......