Friday, November 2, 2007

Trapping God Inside

We were out running errands Monday morning and Gracie noticed the moon was still out. "Why is the moon still shining, Mommy? It's daytime, not nighttime." I explained the moon is always out, but the sunshine is so bright that we don't always see the moon. "The moon is kind of like God--He is always with us but we don't always see Him. But we know He is there," I told her. She paused for a few seconds trying to make sense of what I said. "Yep, and our skin keeps God trapped inside of us so He can't get out and leave us!" Gracie proclaimed.

Genesis 28:15 says, "God is with me and will keep watch over me with care, take notice of me wherever I may go." Although Gracie may not have fully understood the concept of God always being with us, she knew God couldn't get out if He was trapped inside. As you go throughout the events of today, have you let God live inside of you? Throughout the troubles and frustrations of the day, is it evident He is alive in you? If not, perhaps you need to "trap" Him inside!

1 comment:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

what a smart girl!!!

we saw the commercial with both of you this morning - she is precious.

and mary peyton looks for you on t.v. now too. we'll be in bed and she'll start shouting " barbie, mama, barbie" and i'll look up to see maggie wade. bless her heart, my sweet girl's got a lot to learn. i guess she just thinks that "a lady" on t.v. is barbie!

have a great weekend!