Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Words That Are Living

I've caught Gracie doing something I've never seen her do before--standing in the window sill with a book open, talking up a storm. I asked her what she is doing. "I'm preaching, mommy," she said with conviction.

I've always thought of the Bible as God-inspired, which it is. Here lately, I've realized the Bible is God's own words! When I think of the Bible as being words directly from God to me, I am moved by just how powerful this book is. Although I may not understand everything in the Bible, I do understand the words spoken are God's words and He was speaking to/is speaking to each one of us to help us become more like His son, Jesus.

Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the word of God is living and active." Many times we think of the Bible as being outdated in some areas and ancient in other ways. Although it may be several thousand years old, God himself says His word is living. As you read it today, take a moment to truly comprehend--God is speaking directly to you!

No comments: