Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hush!

I was driving to a recent speaking engagement and my mind was racing. As my mind was racing, my body was tired and I was mentally shot. With the various speaking engagements, responsibilities at work and home, motherhood, and an aching pregnant body, I felt overwhelmed. I needed a break....a BIG break. At that very moment, Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Be Still" came on the radio. For the first time, I listened to every lyric:

Be still and know that He is God. Be still and know that He is holy. Be still, oh restless soul of mine, bow before the Prince of Peace. Let the noise and clamor cease. Be still and know that He is God. Be still and know that He is faithful. Consider all that He has done, stand in awe and be amazed. And know that He will never change. Be still. Be still and know that He is God. Be speechless. Be still and know He is our Father. Come rest your head upon his breast. Listen to the rhythm of His unfailing heart of love, beating for his little ones, calling each of us to come.....Be still.

Sometimes in order to hear someone speak to us, we have to HUSH. So be still.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That is my absolute favorite verse in the Bible. I have a little plaque hanging in my office to remind me every day to just be still and know that he is in control. Great post, Barbie!