Friday, March 5, 2010

Here It Is!

I feel like a new mother again! My book was delivered to my publisher, Joe Lee of Dogwood Press, this week. I had the chance to see them for the first time yesterday.

Seeing the boxes of 2,000 copies lining the wall was a sight I had never seen,, but seeing your book for the first time was something else! After chatting for a bit with Joe and my publicist, Nancy Baker, we prayed over the books and for the souls of the people who will be reading it. No doubt there will be a certain group who will read the book, simply because I'm a familiar face and they will be curious. For those, I know the book will infiltrate into their inner-most being and will change their lives forever. For the mature Christian, you'll probably see yourself inside the pages. You'll find encouragement as God speaks to you through His Word and how to weather your own personal storm. My picture may be on the front cover, but this is God's book.
Here are some pictures from yesterday:

Seeing it for the first time! Joe and I in front of the books
I'm so appreciative to Joe for taking a chance on this project. He publishes novels, so this has been a new venture for him. I also signed 150 copies for stores that have agreed to stock the book. In mid March, I will set out on a frenzy of a book tour. The book has pre-sold well on Amazon and the Dogwood Press website. I hope to see you at one of these locations so I can thank you personally for supporting me over the years!
March 20, Book Signing, Marks Public Library, Marks, 10am-Noon
March 24, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, Madison-Ridgeland Rotary Club, Ridgeland
March 27, Book Signing, Expectations Maternity & Nursery Boutique, Brookhaven, 11am-2pm
March 30, Guest Speaker, ASU’s Women in Business Conference, Jackson
April 3, Book Signing, Essco-Shooz Too, Yazoo City, 10am-Noon
April 3, Book Signing, Turnrow Bookstore, Greenwood, 2pm-4pm
April 5, Book Signing, Lemuria Bookstore, Jackson, 5pm
April 9, Book Signing, Kosciusko Library, 11am
April 10, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, First Baptist Church Womens Brunch, Bude
April 10, Book Signing, Turning Pages Books, Natchez, 1pm-3pm
April 12, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, Mother-Daughter Banquet for Clinton High School
April 14, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, St.Dominic Senior Adults Meeting, Jackson
April 16, Book Signing, Raleigh Public Library, 11am-12:30pm
April 17, Book Signing, Borders, Dogwood Festival Market, Flowood, Noon-until
April 24, Book Signing, Mississippi State Veterans Home Chapel, Kosciusko, 9:30am-11am
April 24, Book Signing, McCormick Book Inn, Greenville, 2pm
May 1, Book Signing, Ballyhoo Gifts, Mendenhall, 11am-1pm
May 8, Book Signing, Lifeway Christian Store-Ridgewood Court, Jackson, Noon-2pm
May 11, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, Lakeside Presbyterian Women's Spring Dinner, Jxn
May 12, Book Signing, The Waterford, Ridgeland, 10:30am
May 15, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, College Hill M.B. Church Brunch, Jackson
May 18, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, Professional Women's Assn. Luncheon, Jackson
June 5, Guest Speaker & Book Signing, Providence Baptist Church Women's Dinner, Jayess

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your book! I can't wait to read it! When will it be available for purchase in area bookstores, and will Borders bookstore in Flowood, Dogwood Festival, have copies to purchase?

Congrats and blessings!
Tammi

Annie Laurie Thornton said...

I am so excited about your book and have had mine on order with Amazon for awhile. I was watching yesterday when you presented Maggie with her copy. It is so enjoyable to watch people like you all who are truly Christian friends. Maybe I will be able to get my book signed.

My best to you and your family. Hope your brother is still doing well.

Annie Laurie Thornton
(Friend to Kay Bell, Sudie Kay)
Also was at Fitness Lady for awhile when you were coming.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

K Storm said...

How exciting!!

Barbie Bassett said...

Thanks for your kind words, everyone!

Annie Laurie, I'm still there at FL--every day! I must be going at a different time than you are.

Tammi, the Jackson area book stores will have their copies this weekend from the publisher. So early next week, the books will be there. Borders at Dogwood Festival will have them, but I'll be there signing on April 17 at Noon. Would love to see you!

Barbara said...

Can't wait to get my copy when you come to SW MS!! Gotta get my ticket soon before they sell out!! So proud for you!

Wilson said...

Congrats, Barbie! I know you are proud. Hope to get one soon and make it to one of the signings!

Naomi Daniel said...

Will you be bringing copies of your book to expectations so that I may purchase one on the 27th or do I need to purchase one at a bookstore in advance?

Barbie Bassett said...

Yes, I'll have books with me at Expectations!