Monday, March 1, 2010

We're Talking Snow Again

Hard to believe, but I've forecasted more snow in the last 3 months than I have in the last 15 years of being a meteorologist!



We have another opportunity overnight and early Tuesday to see another round of rain mixed with snow. Just like last Tuesday night, the temperatures are dropping and plenty of moisture is on the way. Although it looks as if the temperatures will be too warm for the snow to stick and most will evaporate before reaching the ground, we could see periods of rain changing to snow or mixed with snow overnight. Areas north of I-20 will have the best chance to see this and could also have some light accumulations of snow, especially on the elevated surfaces and grassy areas. Here is the NWS's graphical depiction of it all. You'll see it isn't very dramatic.


Bert Case gave me a hard time last Wednesday afternoon because he "didn't see any snow". Just as I said last Tuesday night, I'll say tonight--don't wait up for this one. Some will see snow and others won't. Those south of I-20 saw the most snow last Tuesday night/Wednesday as Chris Maddox sent me this picture taken outside Macedonia Baptist Church in Brookhaven. He said it looked like a blizzard when the snow came down early Wednesday morning. Look at those huge flakes!

The low pressure area responsible for tonight's rain/snow will be gone by Tuesday afternoon. I'll have an update on WLBT tonight, beginning at 4pm. If you are on Twitter, you can follow me there.


No comments: