Friday, October 12, 2007

God-Given Assignments

Last night, I had the opportunity to speak in Brookhaven to the Kings Daughters Hospital's Breast Cancer Awareness gathering. We laughed together and heard some inspiring stories of women who have battled cancer and survived it (thanks, ladies!). Afterwards, a lady came up to me to thank me for coming. With tears in her eyes, she said she appreciated my speech and for sharing my faith with the group. Seeing her with tears made my eyes well up! I know she came to thank me, but her words of affirmation and encouragement made my night. Then I read Tammie's post on yesterday's blog entry:

Barbie, I just wanted to let you know that you are such an inspiration. Since I have been reading your blog, I have been working on strengthening my relationship with the Lord and I owe that to you. It is wonderful to see a person that is in the public eye that isn't afraid to express their love for God and showcase their faith. You are truly a blessing. Thank you!

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." That means God has an assignment for you and you were placed on this earth to complete that assignment. Some days pass by and I wonder, "Have I influenced anyone today for the kingdom? Have I given anyone hope? Have others seen Jesus in me?" Then I get a comment from someone in the audience or a post like Tammie's and that question is answered for me.

Your assignment may be to be an encourager in your home; a Christian in the workplace; a willing volunteer; or the door greeter at church. Whatever it is, God wants you to take it seriously because it is the job He made you specifically for!

What assignment has God given you today? Then, go out and do it!

No comments: