Wednesday, December 5, 2007

God Chose You

God chose you. You didn't choose Him. In fact, He chose you before He made the world. Nothing you did before you believed in Christ changed His mind. He adopted you as His very own child and redeemed you through the the blood of Jesus so that we could become His own. Realizing all of this, do you really think God would ever turn his back on you?

Hebrews 13:5-6 says, "He Himself has said, 'I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,' so that we confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?'"

When Satan parades our guilt in front of us, reminds us of our shortcomings and failures, and tells us no one cares about us or wants us, remind him that God so loved you that He gave His only begotten Son to die in your place. When we feel all alone, let's remember the nail prints in Jesus' hands; they are for eternity and so are we. Isaiah 49:15-16 says, "I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands."

1 comment:

EW said...

Dearest Barbie,

I got an email some months ago with your brother Doug's account of heaven on it. I just got a chance to finally read and catch up on all of your blog entries. It took me a few days. You are truly an inspritation. Keep on doing what your doing and ignore the "haters" that send you nasty emails about the way you dress and other issues. They have just been drinking that "hater-ade" and know not what they do. I had no idea you were a woman of such strong faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I want to be just like you when I grow up. By the way, we are the same age and share the same wedding anniversary, May 25, 1996. I look forward to reading more of your posts and of course I watch you every evening on the news.

E.W., Jackson, MS