Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When All Heck Breaks Loose

I was ready to scream "Uncle!" yesterday. As I told you in yesterday's post, we were expecting severe weather and for some in our viewing area, it came to fruition. With record rainfall across the state, it rained all day and night. I knew I would probably need to go into work earlier than normal, but I didn't expect it all to happen at one time.

I was preparing to walk out the door when several tornado warnings were issued at once. I called into the television station to give our morning meteorologist, Paul Williams, advance notice that I was on my way....or so I thought. I began telling the children good-bye when Gracie got sick to her stomach again (which began at 4am). While I was tending to Gracie and had Lilly Faith perched on one hip, the sweet baby had an "explosion" in her diaper that got on her, me and the floor (for those of you who are parents, you KNOW what an explosion in the diaper is, don't you?). Then Will decided to have a small melt down when he realized I was leaving for work earlier than normal. Knowing that work was calling and all 3 of my sick children needed me at the same time, I was overwhelmed.

As I was driving in the blinding rain, I just whispered a little prayer: "Lord, you've got to help me today. For some reason, I'm not feelin' the love!" Then Isaiah 41:13 came to mind, "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

That's good to know, I thought, because I think I'm running out of hands for you to hold!

Even in the midst of everything swirling around us, God is with us. He sees our frustration and exhaustion. We can trust in the confidence of knowing God will deliver His grace and mercy in our time of need, even during the times when all heck breaks loose!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your bunch is all sick. Thanks for the verse. I have been there and felt that same way. Hope you get everyone back on track soon.

Wilson said...

I hope today is calmer for you. It's tough when we feel pulled into so many different directions and don't know which way to go. All we can do is pray during those times and trust that the Lord will hold us.

Julie said...

You are a rare treasure! I have just recently been made aware of your blog, having already been an avid viewer of your weather broadcast. Thank you for sharing your life with us, dirty diapers and all. God has given you an opportunity to serve Him that most of us will never have. The best part is that you realized that and obeyed the calling on your life and use the notoriety your job provides for God's glory. The love of the Lord shines in your eyes so I knew you were a child of God before I started reading your blog. My prayers are with you as you stand tall in the public eye. Thanks again!

Miss Mud Puddle said...

I appreciate and look up to you for your faith...some of us struggle and it is good to see someone holding on.