Monday, April 23, 2007

A Change in Focus

Being a teenager is tough. Not only do they deal with changes in their body, but they have changes socially. I received this email last week about a teenager who was faced with a big change last year. Instead of focusing on herself, she has turned her hurt into helping someone else. This email did my heart good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My daughter Kandi is donating her hair to Beautiful Lengths. She was like number 200 or so to sign up. She did not want me to make a big deal of this, but this is a 14, almost 15, year old girl that has a big heart. Her Dad is a minister and last February turned into a nightmare for any ministers family. My husband was asked to resign and not come back. This was the hardest on my two teenager daughters, Jana who was 3 months from graduation and Kandi finishing the 8th grade, having to move. We were able to work it out and they both finished at their old school. Jana was going off to college this year so the change was going to happen anyway. Kandi on the other hand had to move, leave her friends, and start high school at a new school. She has had a tough year being the new kid but she has had the Beautiful Lengths to aim for. We visited the Blair E. Batson Hospital recently to see a friend of hers that had had a car wreck. While there she saw a girl coming down the hall with a drip and no hair and said, "Mama that's why I am going to give my hair!" I am truly blessed two have two healthy kids and blessed to have a daughter who looks beyond her own self to see the needs of others. I just wanted you to know this has helped two-fold!!!! God Bless-- T. Wallace, Meadville
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there is one thing I've learned over the last couple of years its that in order to get my heart's desire, sometimes I have to give alittle bit of it away. God has a way of healing our hurts when we choose to focus on the needs of others.

No comments: