Monday, June 11, 2007

"Give Me Back My Problem!"

Have you ever been given something from a friend or loved one only to have them take back whatever they gave you? Gracie is like that sometimes. When she and baby Will are playing, she will use her imagination and "give" Will a gift. "Here Will. Here is your present," she will say. Will usually jabbers something that sounds like 'thank you'. Within a matter of minutes, Gracie will take it back. "I need it back for alittle bit. I'll give it back to you later."

Have you ever given God a problem, only to take it back? I know I have. I have several problems I've given Him before and for some reason, I end up taking them back upon myself. How frustrating! Maybe I thought God isn't acting quickly enough, I'm afraid He won't do anything about it, or maybe I don't like the way He is handling things. How do we keep from taking back things we have already given to God? By learning to rest our cares in Him. Psalm 37:5 says "Commit your way to the Lord; trust also in Him and He will bring it to pass." When we have rested our cares in Him, it means it (the problem) should not be disturbed.

When our problems are resting in God's hands, we are not to go check on them! We are to leave them alone. At the same time, we need to keep our minds at rest, being fully confident that God will do a masterful job handling whatever we have entrusted to Him. So whatever problem you are facing, trust it to Him. And remember, don't ask for it back!

No comments: