Thursday, July 19, 2007

Being Still & Waiting

In reading the title of this blog, that's hard for me to do---being still. When I'm shopping, I walk fast; when I drive, I drive faster than I probably should; when I eat, I eat fast. I'm just always in third gear. My husband fusses at me about slowing down, but I'm just wired that way.

My brother Doug will not be having the heart defibrillator surgery today. The fluid isn't coming off his heart fast enough to suit the doctors. However, Doug was taken out of ICU yesterday and put in a room, which is a blessing (he had been in ICU since last Thursday). When the hometown and friends found out he was in a room, over 30 people came to see him in 5 hours time yesterday. The nurses started putting "no visitors" signs on his hospital door and when Doug found out people were driving so far to come see him and were being turned away, he asked the nurses to take the sign off. He wanted to thank those who had taken time off work to come visit and pray for him. Needless to say, he was pooped last night. Considering all of this, the nurses have told us absolutely "no visitors" today so Doug can rest. Today, we are specifically praying for him to rest and for the fluid to come off his heart so the defibrillator can be inserted at another time.

I read the story of Moses and his deliverance of the Israelites from the Egyptians. Before he leads them across the Red Sea, Moses tells them in Exodus 14:13, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."

Whatever trial you are facing, the Bible says God will deliver you and will fight for you. We need only to be still. So we are sitting and waiting on more of His answers to prayer..

1 comment:

pat f. said...

Sorry to hear about your brother, Doug. Had not been on computer in a while. Will begin to pray now and will let my church family know to start praying. Never stop believing in miracles. Our God is good, merciful, and faithful to answer our prayers and meet our needs. Love in Christ, pat farmer