Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's An Easy Thing For The Lord

I've struggled with seeing results from some particular prayers I've been praying for the last year or so. It seems God is dragging His heels on answering them. I'm not seeing any answers come about and have even wondered "why does this seem so hard to get an answer out of God?" Although I don't have the answers, I've been persistent about praying for those situations. Then yesterday, I saw something I had never seen before.

I was studying the life of Elisha the prophet and his dealings with the Moabites. He was speaking to the king of Israel (who was about to fight the Moabites) and told the king that God would give the Moabites over to him. Elisha told the king to make the valley full of ditches; there would be no rain or wind but the ditches would fill up with water so the king and his people could supply drinking water to their cattle and other animals as they marched toward Moab. I'm sure the king was puzzled as to where the water would come from. In 2 Kings 3:18, Elisha tells him "This is an easy thing in the eyes of the Lord." Elisha was basically saying God was going to provide them all water even though there was no rain in the forecast! Then the Bible goes on to say that the next morning, water starting filling up the ditches and the land was filled with water---mind you, no rain fell.

So, I've had to remind myself that although I've been fervently praying about several personal issues and haven't seen my answers yet, it is an easy thing in the eyes of the Lord and He will provide the "water" in due time.

No comments: