Thursday, September 13, 2007

Praying About Everything

When I can't sleep at night, I find myself lying in bed trying to solve the world's problems. Do you do that? I think about the things I need to do, the issues I'm facing, challenges going on in my life and then I really can't sleep! Then a quiet voice will say, "Why do you just pray about it?"

Prayers aren't answered if we do not pray. James 4:2 says, "You do not have because you do not ask." We have to ask for what we want and need. Sometimes we work on situations in our minds or talk about them with our friends or wish and hope, but we do not pray. Thinking, wishing, hoping and talking is not prayer; only prayer is prayer. When we have a need or concern, we are only praying when we talk to God about it. God is waiting for us to make requests of Him. Matthew 7:7 and Isaiah 65:1-2 tells us He is ready to act for us if we will only pray.

Solving the world's problems (or my own) is not my responsibility. Don't let the lack of prayer hinder God from working in your life and the lives of your loved ones.

No comments: