Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good Friends

Monday was a long day, but boy, did I have fun. I had a doctor's appointment to get another update on baby girl, had to buy some groceries, drove to Clinton to teach my class, went to work at WLBT and stayed for much of the night watching the severe weather, and had a speaking engagement between newscasts. In between all of this, my co-workers at WLBT gave me a baby shower. We had so much fun that I had forgotten everything that was on my plate to get done for the day. The laughter and fellowship was second to none. I sat there and looked around not at all of the diapers (it was a diaper shower) and the delicious food, but just took in all of the friends I have at WLBT. I felt blessed to have such good companions.

God's love for us is shown through our friends many times. Their support, their laughs, their encouragement, their prayers...God uses them all to build us up and help us get through another day. I'm reminded of what I John 4:19 says, "My love for Him comes as a result of His loving me first."

What kind of friend are you? Are you one who encourages and supports? The Bible says God will honor those who serve others along their pathway of life.

1 comment:

odomfamilyfun said...

Aren't diaper showers the greatest! We do those for friends on their second, third, etc...it is so helpful! Hope you are doing well ;)
Brittany