Monday, March 9, 2009

Go Around Or Straight Through?

My children love playing a game of "daddy dodge" at night before they go to bed. My husband acts like he's coming after them and they run in all directions trying to get away from him. While they squeal and have a big time, they are learning to just run as fast as they can right past him. Sometimes, the quickest and easiest way to win is to go straight through the middle!

Do you ever feel like the devil is putting pressure all around you? James 1:2 says, "Consider it maximum joy, my brothers, when you get involved in all sorts of trials." The reason Satan is putting pressure on you is because God has got a blessing coming for you! When pressure comes from every side, face it and get joyful right in the middle of it. Satan tries to convince us to go around the pressure, or try to outrun it. Habakkuk 3:19 says, "The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."

During one of Paul's most difficult times in his life, he began to sing praises to God. Acts 16:25 says, "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises to God."

Satan can put pressure on you and get us into a pickle at times, but as long as he can't keep our mouth shut, we have the victory. I read a quote that said, "Everyday there's a miracle coming to you or passing you by." That means if you allow pressure to push you out of the position and out of what you believe God for, you'll miss the miracle that He has coming for you.

3 comments:

John said...

Did you hit home. Struggling with a mountain last 2 years. Up 3 steps and fall back 4. Now not slipping so much, but sometimes I find myself being afraid of not having that mountain. I might start thinking I could do it on my own.

K Storm said...

Thanks for this post. It is good to be reminded that when we are feeling significant pressure from the enemy that we must be moving in the right direction.

Candy said...

Thanks Barbie for you wonderful words of inspiration! My 28 year old husband has cancer and we feel as if the devil is trying to get the best of us.We have two small children and throughout everything we feel truly blessed.We know that God makes no mistakes and he has a plan.We have to be strong, keep the faith and TRUST our wonderful God!!