Friday, March 13, 2009

The Rain Is Here!

The sky has been so gloomy over the last couple of days. At times, it looks as if it will rain but it doesn't. Some areas received light sprinkles yesterday...finally...after several days of saying on the nightly newscast "Rain is coming". We've been dealing with a dry pocket of air situated over the western half of the state. The rain has looked impressive over Arkansas and Louisiana, but once it hits that dry air, the moisture is zapped. It all changes today. Here is the NWS's depiction of the heavy rain expected through Saturday night. Note where your county is and the amount of rain expected.
A viewer named Sara sent me an interesting picture this week. It is of her cat, Dora. Sara claims that Dora intently watches my weather forecast every night. She said when the forecast is over, Dora gets up and leaves, but for the 3 minutes I'm on, Dora is "tuned in". Guess it goes to show that animals want to be prepared for the weather, too.
I hope Dora doesn't get her fur wet today!

8 comments:

K Storm said...

That picture is so funny! Glad to get some rain today.

John said...

Dora is one smart cat with a very descriminating taste in the quality of her TV programs.

Anonymous said...

Too cute and I bet she enjoyed yesterdays (Thursday) show at 4:30...you gals had your very on "The View" going ..I LOVED IT!!! Cracked up at the "ticker" at bottom of screen....ya'll are my favorite newsladies by far!

John said...

I might have to adjust my hours so I can get home earlier and perhaps relieve some stress.

Melanie said...

Love the picture!!!! Too funny!
I am ready for the spring weather to come back :o)

Wilson said...

HA! Dora has good taste in what meterologists to trust. :)

Wanda M said...

That is funny - maybe Dora doesn't necessarily care about the weather but she's your number one fan !!!

Anonymous said...

The picture of Dora is adorable, and it brings a much needed smile.