Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Getting Back Up

I enjoy watching pageants. Guess its because I'm an old has been queen myself. I was admiring all of the beautiful evening gowns last night while watching the Miss Universe pageant when Miss USA walked out on stage. She glided across the stage with her million dollar smile and then *bonk* --she fell flat on her rear. She quickly got back up and finished her walk down the stage, smiling the whole way. Although I've never fallen on stage before, I've tripped, I've stumbled and I've even almost fainted on stage. So I knew her heart must've been pounding from embarrassment and downright "I can't believe that just happened to me" type of feelings.

After watching the replay of her fall at the tv station, I quickly thought back to a gospel song by Donnie McClurkin. The lyrics say, "We fall down, but we get up. For a saint is just a sinner who fell down--and got up." James 1:12 says "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." How true that is. Falling down is one thing, but getting back up again in another.

Saints are often revered and honored. Truth be told, they were/are normal people who fell down in their life, but got back up. So remember, we fall down but we get up. You can get back up again, too.

No comments: