Thursday, May 31, 2007

Me? Wrong?

My husband pointed out a spelling mistake I had on one of my weather graphics the other night. "Did you know you put 'Hazing Evening'?" he asked. Surely not! I was the best speller in my elementary school and I know how to spell. I argued with him for a short while and told him there was "no way" I misspelled hazy. At least that was my intention...I was supposed to have written "Hazy Evening". Turns out I checked the tape and sure enough I had tonight's forecast as "Hazing Evening." I'm sure people at home were wondering what in the world I was thinking.

I once had a boyfriend who referred to me as "little miss can't be wrong". I admit, I am passionate about some things in life so I will stand my ground. But to admit I had made a mistake wasn't easy, as trivial as it was. Psalm 25:9 says "He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." Pride is like a barrier that blocks out the very things God desires to do in our lives. In James 4:6 it says "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

So with a humble heart, I had to admit to my husband that I was wrong and had to apologize for being offended to his suggestion that I had make a mistake. When we have too much pride, we often block blessings God wants to bestow on us.

No comments: