Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Turn the Heat On!

My gracious! Our high temperature reached 36 degrees today and we had reports of light sleet across the state. At my house around Noon today, it sleeted for about 20 minutes. It bounced on the patio and accumulated on my neighbor's roof. I haven't seen sleet in a while, so it was nice to "feel" like we were in winter. If you haven't enjoyed this winter reminder today, it is on its way out and we will contend with the possibilities of light rain for the next few days. Sunday looks to be wet all around.

Today I was informed that our Pantene's Beautiful Lengths campaign had signed up 735 WLBT viewers to grow their hair with me for cancer survivors. I received a phone call yesterday from an elderly gentleman that touched my heart.

He called to ask if it was ok if he donated his wife's hair. He proceeded to tell me that his wife is in a nursing home in Brandon and is comatose. Her hair is long and silver. He said "Although she won't know about it, I believe it would make her feel so good to give her hair away to someone who has cancer." I thanked him for his sweet gesture. I wondered how it must feel to be at his age and to be thinking of how he can have his wife's legacy live on.

I'm going to be away for the rest of the week. I'm headed to Little Rock for a photo shoot. I'll be back on Monday. In the meantime, keep your sun shining...

No comments: