Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The War Continues

Alot has been made in the national media over the past few days as to the anniversary of the war in Iraq. So many question whether we should be there, what our plan is and when are the troops coming home. We are hearing more and more people demonstrating and marching against our President. He has been called mean, hateful and despiteful names not to mention his leadership has been in question.

I wasn't elected President so I don't know what I would do if I were in Bush's shoes. God did not call me to be a public servant. I'm sure he has made mistakes along the way, but it is not my responsibility to tear down the office of the President, nor the man in the office.

In I Timothy 2:1-4, Paul says "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone--for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

I wonder how many of the nay-sayers are actually praying for our President to make the right decisions concerning our freedom and the war? I personally didn't care for Bill Clinton's antics with Monica Lewinsky. Although I disagreed with his moral stance, I prayed for him and for those involved.

It's the same way with President Bush. We are to pray for our leaders, respect the authority they have in those positions, and honor the job they try to do. After all, they will be held accountable for how they performed and we will be held accountable for how we supported them.

No comments: